When a loved one dies do I need a probate (probate court)? Do I need a probate with summary administration? Do I need a probate with formal administration? Do I need a probate with ancillary administration?

A probate with summary administration can be done with assets less than $75,000. These days, probate with summary administration is less common as the court much prefers the more in depth formal administration. Also, banks, financial institutions, and some real estate attorneys prefer the Letters of Administration and Orders Appointing Personal Representative that you get when doing a probate with formal administration.

A probate with ancillary administration uses the original certified documents from another country or state’s completed or ongoing probate as a basis for your probate here in Florida. Whichever probate you choose, an attorney can help you decide which type of probate is ultimately best for you.

Probate and trust administration can be complicated and it is good to have a probate attorney with experience. Ally Glaser has the experience and knowledge to get you through your probate or trust administration process in the least amount of time.

Probate can be avoided by doing a proper estate plan. At Ally Glaser, PA, we do estate planning and also handle probate and trust administration matters. We are happy to help you during these difficult times.